Retail Solutions, one of the leading suppliers of EPOS in Ireland, we require a suitable candidate for our Technical Support/Setup department.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of Setup Engineer.
Setup Engineer is expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments.
Setup Engineer is required to listen to technical needs, understand problems and implement solutions.
A good knowledge of IT/Networking is required and experience in the retail trade is advantageous.
- The setup role will involve installation and repairs of retail systems, PC’s and testing communications before sending out to site.
- The role involves analysis, diagnosis and correction of faults.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Updating and closing all tickets assigned to you when resolved.
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Providing remote support to customers.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Managing technical documentation.
- Third Level IT Qualification/CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or other related IT professional certification.
- Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org